Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Q: How Can I Feel Good About Being Single When All My Friends Are With Someone?

 

A:

Do you spend nights feeling lonely and unloved because all your friends are in relationships, and you're not? The chances are that those friends who are in long term relationships could actually be envying your freedom. But that's no help when you have the lonesome blues. Thy this empowering self-affirmation ritual to make you feel positively single.

Arrange to have a night free of interruptions. Avoid the television, take the phone off the hook, and forget the housework (how often do you get to hear that, lol) Prepare the room you will do this ritual in by laying everything you need on a low altar with a cushion in front of it. Decorate the room with extra candles or flowers - be extravagant, remember you are honoring you! Prepare yourself by having a long, scented, candlelit bath before dressing in your favorite clothes, makeup, and jewelry.


Sit on the cushoin and light two violet candles and your favorite incense. Place a garland of flowers on your head. Gill goblet with red wine and look into it. As you stare into its blood red depths, visualize everything you can do without having to worry about someone else's feelings or plans.

Maybe you see yourself shopping without having to worry about the inquisition when you get home. Or watching your favorite television show without interruption. Whan you have exhausted your daydreams, say:

" I am queen of my own universe, Ruler of my destiny.
I am at one with the sun and the moon and the stars.
All of nature is in me.
I am content with what I have and ai trust in a higher
power that all is as it should be.
I now claim my right to happiness".
As I dance toward the worderful future that awaits me.

Drink the wine and spend the evening thinking of all the amazing things that have happened so far in your life. Of the battles you have fought and won, or lost and learned from. Remind yourself how wonderful you are!


Checklist: Best to use,  anytime you are on your own and feeling a bit low.
How often, No limits. Use to boost your self-esteem as often as you need to.

You will need:
  • a cushion
  • 2 violet candles
  • your favorite incense & incense stick holder
  • garland of flowers
  • a goblet of red wine



By: Summers

No comments:

Post a Comment